In our 32,000 sq. ft. facility serviced by 8 overhead cranes of 3.2 to 5.0 tonne capacity, we currently utilise four induction bending machines – our smallest units bend from 2” NB through to 12” NB, our next handles 4” NB to 20” OD and our largest operates from 8” NB to 30” OD. Wall thickness from Schedule 10 through to Schedule XXS and above can be accommodated with a radius range generally beginning at 3D although availability may be dependant on the required format of the end product.
Many materials can be bent by the induction process including
- Carbon steels such as API 5L Gr. B / ASTM A106 Gr. B
- High yield steels from API 5L X42 through to X80 (including internally clad)
- Low temperature materials e.g. ASTM A333 Gr.6
- Duplex & Super Duplex steels e.g. 22% Cr (UNS S31803) & 25% Cr (UNS S32750 / 60)
- High chrome materials including ASTM A335 P11, P22 & P91 etc.
- Stainless steels – ASTM A312 304L, 316L, 321 etc.
- Specialist steels such as AISI 4130, Inconel, Hastelloy & Ovako 280®
Aside from bending we are able to offer the following as ‘in-house’ operations
- Destructive mechanical testing via our fully UKAS accredited laboratory
- Non destructive testing by ASNT / PCN level II approved operators
- Cutting – with availablity up to 30″ OD round sections
- Bevelling via a series of 6 horizontal boring machines of varying capacity
- Chemical cleaning & (pickling & passivation)
To assist us in providing a more comprehensive service, we also look to our close association with local sub contract operations and are able to offer the following in order to fully meet customer requirements;
- Post-bend heat treatment via a state of the art facility calibrated to API requirements
- Grit blast via automated and manual application
- Packaging and transport – both nationally and internationally by road, sea or air
- Third party inspection through certified agencies including Lloyds Register etc.