o ensure compliance with specification, many of our bends undergo non-destructive testing. This can be as simple as a basic minimum wall thickness check or can involve a series of surveys using various means of fault detection.
IPB UK provides an in-house service through highly experienced operators based within our site and qualified to ASNT / PCN Level II as a minimum with our Department Manager Wayne Cartner qualified to Level III. This arrangement allows the flexibility we need to ensure our process is as efficient as possible.
Our available range of in – house NDE comprises;
- Magnetic particle inspection – standard format
- Magnetic particle inspection – fluorescent format
- Liquid penetrant inspection
- UT wall thickness survey
- UT straight beam lamination survey
- UT shearwave survey
- UT longitudinal seam weld survey
- Surface hardness survey
Via further local sub-contractors we can offer additional NDE including;
- PMI via non invasive XRF type technology
- Ferrite check by Fischer Ferritscope