From 2007, Induction Pipe Bending UK Ltd now has its own subsidiary test facility. Accredited by UKAS to ISO 17025, IPB Mechanical Testing is a new test facility which complements the pipe bending business by offering a wide range of testing, all of which is machined in our own in-house facilities.
Testing can be carried out to American e.g. ASTM & API, European e.g. BS EN & DIN and to individual client standards e.g. Shell DEP 220.127.116.11, DNV OS F101 & BP GIS 43 – 317 amongst others
All our test house staff are fully trained and our laboratory manager Ian Dawson has over 20 years experience in metal testing. We are happy to make arrangements for witnessing of testing by statutory inspection bodies (e.g. Lloyds Register, Det Norske Veritas and Bureau Veritas) as well as by clients and client representatives, ensuring that transparency & confidentiality is always maintained
Under our UKAS Accreditation the following tests can be carried out
- Tensile testing (ASTM and BS EN)
- Impact testing (ASTM, BS EN & IZOD) from ambient to – 196° C
- Hardness Testing (Vickers and Brinell)
- Corrosion tests on Duplex and Stainless steels to ASTM G48 – A
- Macro and Micro examinations of metallic materials (Including both photo macro & micrographs)
- Determination of percentage ferrite to ASTM E562
- Weld testing (complemented by our NDE availability)
We have close links with several other UKAS accredited laboratories and as such can sub-contract testing outside of our accreditation e.g. elevated temperature tensile testing, chemical analysis, HIC and SSCC corrosion tests etc.