From 2007, Induction Pipe Bending UK Ltd has included its own subsidiary test facility. Accredited by UKAS to ISO 17025 and housed in it’s own 14,000 sq. ft. unit, IPB Mechanical Testing complements the pipe bending business by offering a wide range of testing, all of which is machined in our own in-house facilities.
Testing can be carried out to American e.g. ASTM & API, European e.g. BS EN & DIN and to individual client standards e.g. ISO 15590 – 1: 2009, DNVGL-ST-F101: 2017, Shell DEP & BP GIS requirements among others
All our test house staff are fully trained and our laboratory manager Ian Dawson has over 30 years experience in metal testing. We are happy to make arrangements for witnessing of testing by statutory inspection bodies (e.g. Lloyds Register, DNVGL and Bureau Veritas) as well as by clients and client representatives, ensuring that transparency & confidentiality is always maintained
Under our UKAS Accreditation the following tests can be carried out for our own product and for that of our many external customers;
- Tensile testing (ASTM and BS EN)
- Impact testing (ASTM, BS EN & IZOD) from ambient to – 196° C
- Hardness Testing (Vickers and Brinell)
- Corrosion tests to ASTM G48 & G28 etc.
- Macro and Micro examinations of metallic materials (Including both photo macro & micrographs)
- Determination of percentage ferrite to ASTM E562
- Chemical analysis by OES technique
- Weld testing (complemented by our NDE availability)
- Material certification upgrades (e.g. EN 10204: 3.1 to 3.2)
We have close links with several other UKAS accredited laboratories and as such can sub-contract testing outside of our own remit e.g. elevated temperature tensile testing, CTOD, HIC and SSC corrosion tests etc.